It has been a few weeks since I have updated my prayer partners.
There is a movie called “Hidalgo”. It is a movie about a man that does long distance races with his horse. He is invited to leave the wild west and race in the desert with the finest Arabian horses in the world. The race is many days and thousands of miles long. When the race finally begins it is an all out sprint. The crowd cheering as the horses fly past. The western rider is easily passed by the quicker Arabian horses. Soon the race is out of sight of the crowd and suddenly all of the horses are walking slowly. The Western Rider says to his horse, “All for show”. The real race is won by staying with it and never giving
If you are wondering what this has to do with my prayer update, I am finally getting to that. It is a long race to develop a support team that will be with us for this next stage of our life. It is important enough to do slowly and get it right. In comparison to the desert race, we have just rounded the bend. Now we will courageously continue step by step on our long journey. Our minds have to be in the right place as we keep our eyes on the final goal God has for us, not on our comfort now.
We are excited about our first few partners! We are encouraged when people say,"Yes" and that they believe in our ministry. We are allowing God to change our hearts and mold us into missionaries that He can use. We are depending on God to give us the right things to say to the right people as we obey Gods call on our life.
. We are thankful that you have given some of your precious time to spend in prayer for us.
We would love to hear how God is blessing you. God says He will bless those who give. We know this is true and we are praying that all of our supporters will be blessed. We know God is moving in our lives and the lives of those who have committed to being on our support team. Please share those wonderful blessings with us when you get a chance!
Here is our prayer list:
· We are still praying for Ayla.
· We are praying for our next trip to speak face to face with people in Alaska and California
· We are praying for wisdom as we submit information to churches that we would like to support us. This is new for us and it is different for every church.
· We are thankful for our first few supporters! They have already shared a few stories of how they have been blessed!
· We are thankful for time to raise support while on active duty. God is truly sustaining us in our support raising.
· We have been able to be a part of peoples lives as we have asked for support. We are thankful that God has given us a reason to get in touch with some who we have been out of touch with.